- A man’s formal morning or evening coat, with a long skirt divided at the back into tails and cut away in front.More example sentences
- These tailcoats and top hats with over 5,000 sequins hand-glued are still an amazing sight to see on stage, even after rescuing them from 26 years of sitting in a shed!
- As we turned the corner to the formal entrance to the Senate, university constables in tailcoats and top hats pulled back the heavy iron-railing gates to let us pass.
- They had seemed so masculine and imposing, with their crisp waistcoats, elegant tailcoats, and fancy neck cloths.
More definitions of tailcoatDefinition of tailcoat in:
- The US English dictionary