- 1(Of clothes) made by a tailor for a particular customer: tailor-made suitsMore example sentences
- Last year I purchased 5 stylish tailor-made suits and all the pants have pleats.
- That's the beauty of a tailor-made suit; you won't need to have it altered several times before it fits perfectly.
- They'll add a touch of class to your new tailor-made suit, of course.
- 2Made, adapted, or suited for a particular purpose or person: he was tailor-made for the jobMore example sentences
- Future developments could also see new gene-based drugs being tailor-made to a person's individual DNA to make them more effective in combating disease.
- A programme of therapies is tailor-made for each child.
- Situated in the centre of the Barony of Erris, Belmullet lies between the bays of Broadhaven to the north, and Blacksod to the south and is tailor-made for such a festival.
nounBack to top
- A garment that has been specially made for a particular customer: a lady in a red tailor-madeMore example sentences
- Spielberg was in shorts and Jurassic Park baseball cap as he chatted with Rupert Murdoch in a Savile Row tailor-made.
- Tailor-mades were always described as ideal for travelling.
More definitions of tailor-madeDefinition of tailor-made in:
- The US English dictionary