- A horizontal aerofoil at the tail of an aircraft.More example sentences
- While dimensionally and aerodynamically identical to the original tailplane, the new tail slashes the parts count from 240 parts to only 60.
- In a hangar at the famous wartime air base of Duxford, near Cambridge, fuselages, wings, tailplanes and assorted struts and piping are carefully cleaned, X-rayed, repaired and tested by Historic Flying's engineers.
- These follow-on tests might only be conducted on specific sections of the aircraft - such as a tailplane or wing - to gather additional information if operations indicated they were needed.
More definitions of tailplaneDefinition of tailplane in:
- The US English dictionary