noun (plural same)
- A food fish that is closely related to the huchen, widespread in Siberia and eastern Asia.
More example sentences
- Hucho taimen, family Salmonidae
- That makes the taimen the world's largest salmonid (a family that includes salmon and trout).
- As well as creating economic incentives for protecting the taimen, the team hopes to foster a faith-based conservation ethic by rebuilding the Dayan Derkh Buddhist monastery in Hövsgöl province.
- All the usual varieties were laid out - zander, whitefish, trout and taimen.
More definitions of taimenDefinition of taimen in:
- The US English dictionary