- [usually in imperative] • informal , chiefly North American Go away (used as an expression of irritation or annoyance).More example sentences
go away, get out, leave; be off with you!, shoo!, make yourself scarce!, on your way!British • informal hop it, sling your hookAustralian/New Zealand • informal rack offNorth American • informal bug offSouth African • informal voetsak, hamba• vulgar slang piss off, bugger off• archaic begone
- At the end of its first season, Carmel had a salary dispute with Señor Arnaz and took a hike - or at least, that was the official story.
- I wanna tell her to take a hike, Jack, like that guy told my dad when we went to Canada that one summer.
- What are we waiting for to tell the bankers to take a hike and become financially autonomous?
More definitions of take a hikeDefinition of take a hike in:
- The US English dictionary