- • informal Develop a liking for: Bill’s taken quite a shine to herMore example sentences
- Mum wasn't wanting to supply such a thing naturally but she had been wondering how to wean Graham off his dummy which he still took a shine to.
- She has brought her medals to the table and it is the Olympic ones it is impossible not to take a shine to.
- Phil said: ‘I took a shine to Liz straight away but didn't fancy my chances.’
More definitions of take a shine toDefinition of take a shine to in:
- The US English dictionary