- Offer a bet with odds unfavourable to the other better: you might be tempted to take odds on a dead heatMore example sentences
- It's therefore worth investigating, in practical terms, how much difference taking odds really makes.
- One simply lays or takes odds on the team he expects to win the game.
- There are bookmakers already taking odds that Mr. Lewis, like Muhammad Ali in 1979, will soon retire from this retirement and be back in the ring.
More definitions of take oddsDefinition of take odds in:
- The US English dictionary