Definition of talebearer in English:
A person who maliciously gossips or reveals secrets.
- A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.
- Here were the hagglers and talebearers, the scrapmongers, the dealers in stray talk.
- Talebearers have a habit of telling evil things only to those who will spread evil, not stop it.
talebearing noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- He devotes five separate questions of the Summa Theologiae to ‘injuries inflicted by words’: reviling, backbiting, talebearing, derision, and cursing.
- Very little open quarrelling ever took place amongst them; but backbiting and talebearing were universal.
- This is a fun game, but if you have ever been on the receiving end of talebearing, or gossip, you know it is not funny.
Definition of talebearer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan