- An area of unfrozen ground surrounded by permafrost.More example sentences
- Pitty considered that even under extreme permafrost development, taliks would be present beneath major rivers in the Scllafield area.
- Methane is formed in taliks from the organic matter buried in permafrost and gets to rivers from there.
- Occasional tritium in some samples at depth indicate a combination of gradients from mine drawdown and taliks allowing recharge of modern fresh water to depth.
1940s: from Russian, from tayatʹ 'melt'.
More definitions of talikDefinition of talik in:
- The US English dictionary