- technical term for club foot.More example sentences
- Lord Byron, Britain's great romantic who was ‘mad, bad and dangerous to know’, was also born with talipes, or a club foot.
- However, the consensus opinion seems to be that he had a mild form of talipes in his right foot.
- In 2001 Edinburgh University awarded him a D.Sc. degree for research on spinal stenosis, and he was awarded the Syme professorship for work on congenital talipes (formerly called ‘club foot’).
mid 19th century: modern Latin, from Latin talus 'ankle' + pes 'foot'.
More definitions of talipesDefinition of talipes in:
- The US English dictionary