- One of a set of West African drums, each having a different pitch, which are beaten to transmit a tonal language.More example sentences
- Feet of Song explores the African rhythms of the talking drum and the guitar.
- The first part is African, with talking drums and at least one African language sung (though there is a hint, here and there, of Celtic whistles and fiddles).
- Further examples can be found in the talking drums of Central and West Africa, which employ a speech mode of drumming to communicate, and, in a more modern context, the mapping out of language onto the musical beats of rap.
More definitions of talking drumDefinition of talking drum in:
- The US English dictionary