(also talking picture)
- A film with a soundtrack, as distinct from a silent film.More example sentences
- On the way over to Harlem, Pinto and Jolson passed a movie theater playing a revival of ‘The Jazz Singer, ‘the first talking picture, starring the immortal George Jessel.’
- The advent of talking pictures put her out of work.
- He was, above all, a celebrity, and he died before talking pictures could tarnish his hypnotic image.
More definitions of talking filmDefinition of talking film in:
- The US English dictionary