noun[mass noun] North American
- 1Dense and uninhabited forest.More example sentences
- Driven by desperation, some western communities used to cutting tall timber are now recognizing small-diameter trees as a valuable commercial resource.
- It's called the Tahoon Air Walk, and again, it's a canopy walk, a treetop walk, where people pay to walk through the tops of some tall timber.
- 1.1 (also tall timbers) • informal A remote or unknown place: Miss Thompson has moved Penetang right out of the tall timbers by three times breaking the world recordMore example sentences
- Our four completely furnished, modern vacation homes are nestled among the tall timbers for a cool, quiet and relaxing atmosphere.
More definitions of tall timberDefinition of tall timber in:
- The US English dictionary