A slender North American larch.
- Larix laricina, family Pinaceae
More example sentences
- The forests include such conifers as red spruce, black spruce, white spruce, balsam fir, red pine, jack pine, eastern white pine, tamarack, eastern white cedar, and eastern hemlock.
- Now the slender spires of tamarack and balsam fir dominated a scraggly forest, while impenetrable-looking layers of hardy shrubs filled the understorey.
- Some characteristic tree species are black spruce, white spruce, tamarack, balsam poplar, dwarf birch, paper birch, shining willow, Bebb willow, and trembling aspen.
early 19th century: from Canadian French tamarac, probably of Algonquian origin.
More definitions of tamarackDefinition of tamarack in:
- The US English dictionary