- 1A long, narrow drum used in Provence.More example sentences
- The galoubet and tambourin are instruments that symbolise the musical spirit of Provence.
- Galoubets and tambourins are not only sold in Provence, nor only in France.
- In April, the festival of the Provence tambourin, organised by the association is an opportunity to witness a great regional gathering of ‘tambourinaires’- the tambourin players.
- 1.1A dance accompanied by the tambourin.More example sentences
- The Tambourin is an example of the lively Provençal dance-type whose mood of lusty, percussive celebration served the composer well in a number of operas.
French, diminutive of tambour (see tambour).
More definitions of tambourinDefinition of tambourin in:
- The US English dictionary