Definition of tampon in English:
1A plug of soft material inserted into the vagina to absorb menstrual blood.
- When you're ready to insert the tampon into your vagina, it might be easier to sit down rather than stand up.
- High absorbency tampons left in the vagina for a long time have been associated with a dangerous illness called toxic shock syndrome.
- Well, the idea of pushing a tampon into your vagina to soak up the flow seems totally gross at first.
2 Medicine A plug of material used to stop a wound or block an opening in the body and absorb blood or secretions.
- After the nasal tampon has been inserted, wetting it with a small amount of topical vasoconstrictor may hasten effectiveness.
- The procedure consists of inserting tampons of sterile gauze inside the nasal cavities of the patient, by using surgical forceps.
- It is common use that medicated tampons may be applied to a specific body area.
verb (tampons, tamponing, tamponed)[with object] Back to top
Plug with a tampon.
- A woman's fertility or lack thereof may be relevant in the bedroom, but it is in the bathroom that she is most keenly aware of it, whether tamponing herself or holding a pregnancy test in a ‘steady stream’ of pee.
- The splinter could not be extracted, and the liver was tamponed and drained.
Words that rhyme with tamponcrampon, kampong
Definition of tampon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.