- However, I did make a road bike, mountain bike and a tandem for this particular customer which did not shimmy.
- A man and woman sped through the intersection on a tandem bicycle, singing a song I couldn't make out, in a strong waltzing beat.
- Last year, she cycled over 1,300 miles from John O'Groats to Land's End on a tandem bicycle with her brother.
- Tandem horse teams were used for long journeys through heavy roads and sandhills.
- Expand your horsemanship skills and the relationships with your horses with the challenge and fun of tandem riding.
- She also competes with a pair and tandem both indoors and out.
- Six years later, the terrific tandem is together again, their significant signings evidence of how important one player can be to his team's fortunes.
- He is the perfect compliment to him, and together they form one of the most prolific tandems in recent National Hockey League history.
- They formed one of the best 1-2 tandems in history last season, and the rotation looks more solid behind them this season.
- I had an American Trotter part of the time, and also drove tandem, it was all great fun.
- I drive tandem and unicorn too, which involves 4 reins in your left hand, whip in the right, plus right hand support, I only have two hands and nothing spare to grab on with.
- The mules are harnessed tandem to two long ropes or ‘lines’ attached to the bow of the boat.
- The carriage had a team of 4 horses harnessed tandem.
- He put on a wonderful demonstration with his four-horse hitch of Belgians and another competitor showed how it's done when he hitched his pair of gray Percherons tandem.
- Very quickly I was being put into a jump suit and a harness by my tandem instructor.
- And we prefer them to do a tandem skydive, where they are attached in a harness to an instructor who will bring them out of the aircraft and safely down to earth.
- I looked into tandem prams, twin prams and even ride-on boards (a little skateboard thing that attaches to the back of the pram for the bigger kid to stand on - yeah right).
- Alongside each other: a tight fiscal policy working in tandem with a tight foreign exchange policyMore example sentences
- For this, the fast bowlers in a side should work in tandem, complementing each other's skills.
- Some currency pairs move in tandem with each other, while others may be polar opposites.
- I'd like to see her put forward positive policy in tandem with her accountability crusade.
- 1.1One behind another: there were two seats in tandemMore example sentences
- Today she and I cycled in to work together most of the way; not on a tandem but in tandem.
- This is in tandem with my earlier post about the New York Times article.
- Under the road map, both sides are supposed to act in tandem, but progress has bogged down over who should make the next move.
Late 18th century: humorously from Latin, literally 'at length'.
In Latin tandem means ‘after a long time’ or ‘at length’. It first came into English as a slang term for a carriage drawn by two horses harnessed one behind the other—a ‘long’ set-up which inspired a pun on ‘at length’. A tandem is now a bicycle for two riders, one behind the other. The expression in tandem is still used today to mean ‘one behind another’, but is more common in the sense ‘together as a team’.
Words that rhyme with tandemavizandum, fandom, memorandum, nil desperandum, random
Definition of tandem in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.