noun (plural tangelos)
- A hybrid of the tangerine and grapefruit.More example sentences
- Plant breeders not ‘nature’ gave us seedless grapes and watermelons, the tangelo (a tangerine-grapefruit hybrid), the ‘canola’ variety of rapeseed, and fungus-resistant strawberries.
- This category included lemons, oranges, mandarins, tangelos, and grapefruits, with lemons being the most common type.
- Think about the crossbreeding and hybridization that farmers have been doing for hundreds of years, relying on instinct, trial and error, and luck to bring us things like tangelos, giant pumpkins, and burpless cucumbers.
More definitions of tangeloDefinition of tangelo in:
- The US English dictionary