noun[mass noun] North American
- 1 • trademark Material applied to a tree trunk as a grease band, especially to prevent infestation by insects.More example sentences
- Make your own sticky trap by smearing Vaseline or Tanglefoot on a yellow surface and hang it up close to where the adults congregate.
- Ants were excluded by placing Tanglefoot around a tape and wax-paper sleeve at the base of the plant, and by clipping the surrounding vegetation.
- Dead adult mites were rarely found in the Tanglefoot or inside of the enclosure, indicating that adult mortality was not a major contributor to mite fitness.
More definitions of tanglefootDefinition of tanglefoot in:
- The US English dictionary