Definition of tangy in English:
adjective (tangier, tangiest)
Having a strong, piquant flavour or smell: a tangy salad
More example sentences
- What was that delicious smell, at once tangy and spicy and somehow very Italian?
- She could feel the wind blowing against her neck and smell the tangy scent of the ocean drifting on the breeze.
- Master chefs have their hands full preparing a variety of delectable dishes with zany flavours and tangy tastes.
- Example sentences
- Some savoury recipes also use rhubarb, as its tanginess makes it an ideal accompaniment for fatty meats or oily fish.
- No dubious burger restaurants here, but elegant restaurants and diners, with plump fish, prawns and mussels doused in the taste and tanginess of the sparking Adriatic Sea.
- It was topped with two pieces of bread with melted goat cheese, for a pleasant mixture of texture and tanginess.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan