nounNorth American • informal
- A small unimportant town (originally a town at which trains stopped to take on water).More example sentences
- It is Wang who stays in the mind - and I recall the scene where he does a Chinese version of a hip hop number performing in front of a screaming mob in some tank town in China's interior regions.
- As a teenager she joined her brother on the road, playing in numerous tank towns and dives.
- He boxed in tank towns all over America, slowly but surely getting in better condition as the rust began to fall off.
More definitions of tank townDefinition of tank town in:
- The US English dictionary