noun (plural tanneries)
- A place where animal hides are tanned; the workshop of a tanner.More example sentences
- The town boasted three flour mills, a bakery, a tannery, several breweries, shops and rows and rows of little cottages.
- Most of the hides produced at the tannery were exported to Europe.
- In the late 19th century, the area around Victoria Park was home to boot factories, breweries and tanneries, all of which were positioned to enable them to flush waste into the Yarra River.
More definitions of tanneryDefinition of tannery in:
- The US English dictionary