Definition of tanorexia in English:
noun[mass noun] informal
An obsessive desire to acquire and maintain a suntan, by natural or artificial methods: she is one of a growing number of teenagers thought to be suffering from tanorexia
More example sentences
- Tony, who is now 15, is one of a growing number of teenagers thought to be suffering from tanorexia.
- Assuming that you don't have tanorexiaa compulsion marked by frequent trips to the tanning boothyou have every reason to feel optimistic about your skin.
- People with tanorexia have tanned skin but look into the mirror and see themselves as too pale.
- Example sentences
- Scotland is supposed to be gripped by such a tanorexic mania and skin cancer epidemic that the Labour MSP is preparing to launch a bill attempting to regulate sunbed salons.
- Lynne, a 28-year-old law student from Glasgow, is a typical tanorexic.
- A consultant psychiatrist at Parkhead Hospital in Glasgow, he has treated a number of tanorexics.
Pronunciation: /ˌtanəˈrɛksɪk/noun & adjective
Definition of tanorexia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan