- A rare, dense black mineral consisting of a mixed oxide of iron and tantalum, of which it is the principal source.More example sentences
- Lepidolite, beryl, tantalite, quartz crystals, and altered and unaltered petalite are some of the minerals that can be found in this district.
- In the Democratic Republic of Congo miners seeking the highly prized mineral tantalite, or coltan, have been pouring waste into the Biega national park and Okapi wildlife reserve.
- Although no spectacular or highly valuable minerals are present, the pegmatites contain minerals seldom found in Wyoming, such as petalite, beusite, lepidolite, and tantalite.
More definitions of tantaliteDefinition of tantalite in:
- The US English dictionary