- A blue or violet gem variety of zoisite, containing vanadium.More example sentences
- His analyses of some of the newer and less mainstream gemstones such as tanzanite, tsavorite, and Paraiba tourmaline are particularly welcome additions to the gemological literature.
- The traditional kundan work has also been embellished with semi-precious and precious stones and beads such as tourmalines, tanzanites, opals, aquamarine and peridots.
- Some of the highlights are a 220-pound, 500,000-carat golden sapphire, one of the world's largest; a 4,360-carat ‘rainbow’ calcite; and the world's largest tanzanite set in a tiara with one thousand diamonds.
More definitions of tanzaniteDefinition of tanzanite in:
- The US English dictionary