- A shoe with a specially hardened sole or attached metal plates at toe and heel to make a tapping sound in tap dancing.More example sentences
- The dance routines we worked on this week were Irish Dance, a Jazz dance, some more tap dancing (without tap shoes)!
- Company members, who are as at home in tap shoes as they are in sneakers, pass on his technique as resident guest teachers in the city's high schools and private studios.
- The girl who was dancing next to me wore her tap shoes for the performance and she kept clomping on my foot.
More definitions of tap shoeDefinition of tap shoe in:
- The US English dictionary