- A submerged aquatic plant of the frogbit family, with narrow grass-like leaves. Also called ribbon-grass and (in North America) eelgrass.
More example sentences
- Genus Vallisneria, family Hydrocharitaceae: several species
- The tape-grass has long, narrow, strap-like leaves, and it can form dense, perennial stands in still or slowly moving waters.
- Vallisneria spiralis, or tape grass, produces new plantlets at the base of existing specimens; these may be removed and replanted.
- Tape grass is remarkable for the manner in which it reproduces.
More definitions of tape-grassDefinition of tape-grass in:
- The US English dictionary