noun (plural taquitos)chiefly North American
- A Mexican dish consisting of a small tortilla rolled around a filling of meat and cheese and deep-fried: the fantastic taquitos and burritos have made this family-run establishment a favourite for three generationsMore example sentences
- I recently did $10,000 worth of damage to our kitchen making a round of Soy Taquitos (the oil splattered, the smoke alarm didn't go off! no one was hurt!).
- The first dish we tried was our favorite: an appetizer of six beef taquitos ($6), corn tortillas tightly wrapped around seasoned beef and cheese, deep-fried without leaving a greasy residue, and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
- The scariest—two taquitos and one quesadilla—racks up 2,000 calories.
American Spanish, diminutive of taco.
More definitions of taquitoDefinition of taquito in:
- The US English dictionary