- A hollow in which natural tar accumulates by seepage.More example sentences
- He was a dinosaur who, instead of crawling off to some distant tar pit to die, took an entire industry with him into the abyss.
- Most of those bones, which began accumulating in the tar pits about 44,000 years ago, were exhumed early in the 1900s, he says.
- It wasn't horribly interesting watching a bunch of natural tar pits and the skeletons of animals that were found in them.
More definitions of tar pitDefinition of tar pit in:
- The US English dictionary