noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A neurological disorder characterized by involuntary movements of the face and jaw.More example sentences
- Aripiprazole has the potential to cause neuroleptic malignancy syndrome, tardive dyskinesia, disruption in body temperature regulation, esophageal dysmotility and aspiration as do other antipsychotic agents.
- Prescribing should be consistent with the need to minimize the risk of neuroleptic malignant syndrome, tardive dyskinesia, seizures and low blood pressure.
- Extrapyramidal effects by themselves have been related to a poor outcome, a compromised compliance, secondary negative symptoms, cognitive parkinsonism, and depression as well as long term risk of tardive dyskinesia.
1960s: tardive from French tardif, tardive (see tardy).
More definitions of tardive dyskinesiaDefinition of tardive dyskinesia in:
- The US English dictionary