(also tariqat /taˈriːkət/)
- 1The Sufi doctrine or path of spiritual learning.More example sentences
- Tariqat has neither the right to waive any law of shariat, nor can it allow the followers of tariqat to be exempted from the bounds and limits of shariat.
- Both tariqat and haqiqat by which the sufis are distinguished, are the third part of shariat.
- 1.1 [count noun] A Sufi missionary.More example sentences
- This self-same process of organic expansion along the trade routes, or among semi-settled pastoralists, was sustained by the Sufi tariqas, the mystical orders of Islam.
- Similarly, the Turkish Sufi traditions and tariqas, which played important roles in Turkish social and political history, barely register here.
- Islamic Sufi brotherhoods, known as tariqas, play an important role in the religious practices of the Mauritanians.
from Arabic ṭarīqa 'manner, way, creed'.
More definitions of tariqaDefinition of tariqa in:
- The US English dictionary