- A greyish wild horse that was formerly common in eastern Europe and western Asia, hunted to extinction by 1919.
More example sentences
- Equus caballus gomelini, family Equidae
- They essentially tried to do the same thing with the tarpans and the forest bison and some other animals.
- Surprisingly like tarpans in skull and build, the mares were bred to Przewalski stallions.
- It took several generations to bring back wild horses that most closely resemble the original tarpan.
More definitions of tarpanDefinition of tarpan in:
- The US English dictionary