- A perennial plant of the daisy family, with narrow aromatic leaves that are used as a culinary herb.
More example sentences
- Artemisia dracunculus, family Compositae
- The aniseed herbs, chervil, tarragon and fennel seem especially appropriate for summer.
- We live in an apartment, and although we do grow some things - mint, sage, thyme, tarragon, rosemary - rhubarb is not one of them.
- Line the base of the steamer with lettuce leaves and scatter with the basil, tarragon and rosemary.
mid 16th century: representing medieval Latin tragonia and tarchon, perhaps from an Arabic alteration of Greek drakōn 'dragon' (by association with drakontion 'dragon arum').
More definitions of tarragonDefinition of tarragon in:
- The US English dictionary