- (Of fish) served raw, typically seasoned and shaped into small cakes: light dishes such as salmon tartare See also steak tartare.More example sentences
- Serve the fish tartare with a little salad in the middle of the fish, together with a spoonful of the vodka cream.
- Tuna tartare, served in hollowed-out lemons, is vitalized with an unexpected foursome of currants, pine nuts, fava beans, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- I tried both the delicate, unsalty gravadlax and a tartare served with the roe and a very lemony asparagus salad.
French, literally 'Tartar'.
More definitions of tartareDefinition of tartare in:
- The US English dictionary