(also tartar sauce)
- A cold sauce, typically eaten with fish, consisting of mayonnaise mixed with chopped onions, gherkins, and capers.More example sentences
- You can buy them in frites shops everywhere, topped with mayonnaise, tartar sauce or curry-flavored ketchup.
- This last was a square patty with a crunchy coating on the outside and firm pink filet inside, served in a sesame bun with loosely chopped coleslaw and tartar sauce.
- For starters, the fried calamari with garlic aïoli drew cheers all round from my party (even if the tartar sauce veered into mayonnaise territory).
More definitions of tartare sauceDefinition of tartare sauce in:
- The US English dictionary