A weapon firing barbs attached by wires to batteries, causing temporary paralysis.
- The weapon was a taser, a stun gun that temporarily numbs your body with 50,000 volts of energy.
- There was pepper spray, tasers, stun guns, and you know, stuff like that.
- If you want to arm pilots, it would be much smarter to give them billy clubs or tasers.
Fire a taser at (someone) in order to incapacitate them temporarily.
- And hey, if they get out of line, they can always taser them into submission.
- Get out of the car, if you walk, otherwise I'm going to taser you.
- The police must have felt overwhelmed and would naturally need to taser the groom or risk having to use deadly force instead.
1970s: from the initial letters of Tom Swift's electric rifle (a fictitious weapon), on the pattern of laser.
Words that rhyme with taserappraiser, blazer, eraser, Fraser, gazer, glazer, grazer, laser, mazer, praiser, razor, salmanazar, Weser
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: taser
Definition of taser in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.