noun (feminine taskmistress /-mɪstrɪs/)
- A person who imposes a harsh or onerous workload on someone: he was a hard taskmasterMore example sentences
- He went to train in Paris, Belgium and Scotland under harsh taskmasters.
- Martin, the course director, is something of a harsh taskmaster when he wants to be.
- I appreciated the counselling of compassion and acceptance, since my tendency is to be a harsh taskmistress.
More definitions of taskmasterDefinition of taskmaster in:
- The US English dictionary