Showing good aesthetic judgement or appropriate behaviour: a tasteful lounge bar
More example sentences
- Judgements on what is tasteful and what is not in a burial ground are not easy.
- The use of that claim at the beginning of Wolf Creek was not, in my opinion, tasteful or appropriate.
- Every year now brings the opening of some tasteful new attraction.
in good taste, discriminating, fastidious, refined, cultured, cultivated, sensitive, restrained, harmonious, fitting, fit, becoming, pleasing, elegant, graceful, stylish, smart, chic, attractive, beautiful, pretty, charming, handsome, exquisite, aesthetic, artistic
French comme il faut
- Example sentences
- It was her litheness, her muscular body, the tastefulness of her tan cashmere sweater over her straight black skirt, the demure beads at her throat and wrists.
- You will be relieved to know, I'm sure, that not all standards of tastefulness have been trampled by this ruling.
- They have questioned the tastefulness of new books and films about Hitler, and again demonized the icons of Nazism.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: taste|ful
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.