noun (plural pronunc. same)
- A small, shallow silver cup for tasting wines, of a type used in France.More example sentences
- Some Burgundy producers still use tastevins in their own cellars, where they can be useful to demonstrate hue and clarity even in a dim light.
- In France however, there has been a constant business in the making of tastevins which continues to the present.
- The first tastevins were originally designed to allow merchants buying wine to gauge the color of the wine while in dim, candlelit cellars.
French, literally 'wine taster'.
More definitions of tastevinDefinition of tastevin in:
- The US English dictionary