adjective (tastier, tastiest)
- 1(Of food) having a pleasant, distinct flavour: a tasty snackMore example sentences
delicious, palatable, luscious, mouth-watering, delectable, toothsome, succulent, juicy, dainty; appetizing, inviting, tempting; piquant, pungent, spicy, flavoursome, flavourful, full-flavoured• dated flavorous• literary ambrosial
- The fish and meat flavours burst through the tasty sauce, and a dish of basmati rice proved to be a great partner.
- The restaurant claims to provide flavourful and tasty dishes, however things seemed opposite on the day of our visit.
- Although the chicken was a bit dry, it was saved by the smoky chipotle flavour and the tasty vegetables.
- 2 • informal , chiefly British Very attractive or appealing: some tasty piano licks a tasty young lady a tasty deal at the building society a tasty profit margin of 42%More example sentences
- But even this tasty deal is not enough to ensure that he hits his target of 200 academies by 2010.
- Guitarist Steve Conte fills the song with tasty licks reminiscent of John Leventhal.
- Screen shots that have made it onto the web look pretty tasty.
- 2.1Involving or good at fighting: no one messes with me—I’m a little bit tasty, know what I mean?More example sentences
- In this country, the bloke′ll only start if he′s tasty enough, and even then, he won′t do you in because he knows if he does and he does you bad, he′ll go to prison.
- Celtic played Man United in a friendly game recently. Things did get a little tasty.
- A few of the other ravers were now looking on, expecting something tasty to happen.
- More example sentences
- We were in and out in about 30 minutes, had stretched our legs, eaten tastily, made use of the clean bathrooms and had broken up our tedious journey nicely without wasting too much time.
- A mussel's insides have shriveled beyond recognition; another's are still tastily seawatery.
- Thus wrapped, Aurora Place resembles nothing so much as some exquisite neo-oriental canapé, tastily cocooned in the latest translucent rice pastry.
- More example sentences
- Squeezing some lemon over it, though, brought out some of the flavour and upped the tastiness a notch.
- One is for the food experts to find a way of increasing the tastiness of the product in inverse proportion to its chewing time, so that there eventually arrives an irresistible compulsion to swallow the stuff.
- For those foods whose tastiness are in question, we can create a new federal department staffed by those professional eating folks.