(British also tatie /-ti/)
- A potato: a dish of boiled tatersMore example sentences
- You've got your regular old taters, sweet potatoes, faro - even lotus root makes it into the dish.
- The folk about had their own taties and veg. and although many had the coal, local peats were in demand.
- It actually went quite well with the potato starter, a dish of boiled taters and sliced boiled eggs served in a creamy sauce that contrasted well with the ceviche's sharp citrus-y zing.
mid 18th century: alteration.
More definitions of taterDefinition of tater in:
- The US English dictionary