noun[mass noun] Buddhism
- The ultimate nature of all things, as expressed in phenomena but inexpressible in language. Compare with sunyata.More example sentences
- The concepts of shunyata and tathata, if Iron had realized this was what they were; had come to mind.
- When the implications of tathata are deeply understood, the ego naturally becomes neutralized.
- Although tathata involves the mundane, it is also a poetic moment that will never return in exactly the same way.
Pali, literally 'true state of things'.
More definitions of tathataDefinition of tathata in:
- The US English dictionary