(also tattersall check)
- A woollen fabric with a pattern of coloured checks and intersecting lines, resembling a tartan: a tattersall shirt watch for a return to tattersall checksMore example sentences
- And what you would have formerly thought of as sporty - tattersalls, gingham checks, and subtle plaids - now come in dressed-up versions.
- A subtle palette of brown and white accented with deep blue is the common thread that runs throughout the house - in dark wood furniture and tactile fabrics, such as mohair, linen, tattersall, and challis.
- We think that will continue, but the new additions will be stripes and tattersalls.
late 19th century: named after Tattersalls, by association with the traditional design of horse blankets.
More definitions of tattersallDefinition of tattersall in:
- The US English dictionary