Definition of tattler in English:
1A person who engages in gossip or who tells tales: I would never ask a decent man to take up the trade of sneak and tattler
More example sentences
- He felt that they were just jealous and, anyway, he doesn't like tattlers so he decided to arrive early.
- All these tattlers would do better to consider less subjective reasons for the Scotsman's sales problems.
- And at least one tattler has described listening in to the tape itself.
2A migratory sandpiper with mainly grey plumage, breeding in NW Canada or eastern Siberia.
- Genus Heteroscelus, family Scolopacidae: two species, in particular the wandering tattler (H. incanus) of Canada
- More narrowly, the name is given to the wandering tattler (Heteroscelus incanus) and the Polynesian, or gray-rumped, tattler (H. brevipes).
Definition of tattler in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India