Definition of tattler in English:
1A person who engages in gossip or who tells tales: I would never ask a decent man to take up the trade of sneak and tattler
More example sentences
- He felt that they were just jealous and, anyway, he doesn't like tattlers so he decided to arrive early.
- All these tattlers would do better to consider less subjective reasons for the Scotsman's sales problems.
- And at least one tattler has described listening in to the tape itself.
2A migratory sandpiper with mainly grey plumage, breeding in NW Canada or eastern Siberia.
- Genus Heteroscelus, family Scolopacidae: two species, in particular the wandering tattler (H. incanus) of Canada
- More narrowly, the name is given to the wandering tattler (Heteroscelus incanus) and the Polynesian, or gray-rumped, tattler (H. brevipes).
Words that rhyme with tattlerbattler, prattler, rattler
Definition of tattler in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.