- A person, especially a child, who reveals secrets or informs on others; a telltale.More example sentences
- Partly it's because I feel a profound sadness when reading accounts by recently-returned-from-somewhere tattletales.
- What drives me up the wall is when the uncouth classes begin their fighting and screeching and petty arguments, or when snide little tattletales run up to me to tell on people.
- But I gotta be careful because I am not a tattletale and I ain't tryin' to make no enemies.
verb[no object] Back to top
- Reveal someone’s secrets; tell tales: she won the approval of the nuns by maintaining loyalty only to Lee and tattletaling on anyone elseMore example sentences
- Besides, Santa doesn't tattletale on anyone, not even reindeers.
- I wrote to Charles Brooks at Concoco Phillips and tried to tattletale, but without any real evidence, I'm sure it was less than convincing.
- Today I shall try to be on the alert not to speak an untruth, not to gossip or tattletale, and not to speak disparagingly about another person.
More definitions of tattletaleDefinition of tattletale in:
- The US English dictionary