- A uniformly brown eagle found in Asia and Africa.
More example sentences
- Aquila rapax, family Accipitridae
- That is what one particularly splendid species of the tawny eagle (Aquila rapax vindhiana) discovered recently when it was let free in the People for Animals shelter at Kengeri.
- Short-toed eagles, tawny eagles, spotted eagles, lagger falcons and kestrels are the commonest of these.
- However, scavenging birds such as vultures, bateleurs and tawny eagles, all of which are very good at finding carrion, come down to baited carcasses and are poisoned.