- A person with a high income or considerable wealth who chooses to live in a country or area with low rates of tax: he lived for a time as a tax exile in JerseyMore example sentences
- O'Brien chose to live as a tax exile in Portugal following the sale of Esat to BT.
- Yesterday, it emerged that the 37-year-old, who has homes in Edinburgh and Perthshire, could become literature's first billionaire within five years if she chose to live abroad as a tax exile.
- Mr O'Brien, now a tax exile living in the Algarve, went on to sell the licence for 2.4bn, having bought it for 19m.
More definitions of tax exileDefinition of tax exile in:
- The US English dictionary