Definition of taxpayer in English:
A person who pays taxes: a basic rate taxpayer a waste of taxpayers' money the trial cost the taxpayer more than £7,000
More example sentences
- Tax experts say this is one of the biggest money savers of which taxpayers are ignorant.
- It is a sample taken from one state agency to remind taxpayers how their money is spent.
- We do not believe that the taxpayer should bear the cost of benefits accruing to a few in society.
- Example sentences
- During the period immediately following the Revolution, some states replaced property qualifications with taxpaying requirements.
- I am not a journalist, I'm just a tax-paying citizen.
- In Northfield, the city is in the awkward position of suing its own taxpaying citizens.
Words that rhyme with taxpayerrecord-player • ratepayer
Definition of taxpayer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia