- A person who pays taxes: a basic rate taxpayer a waste of taxpayers' money the trial cost the taxpayer more than £7,000More example sentences
- Tax experts say this is one of the biggest money savers of which taxpayers are ignorant.
- It is a sample taken from one state agency to remind taxpayers how their money is spent.
- We do not believe that the taxpayer should bear the cost of benefits accruing to a few in society.
- More example sentences
- During the period immediately following the Revolution, some states replaced property qualifications with taxpaying requirements.
- I am not a journalist, I'm just a tax-paying citizen.
- In Northfield, the city is in the awkward position of suing its own taxpaying citizens.
More definitions of taxpayerDefinition of taxpayer in:
- The US English dictionary