- An African shrike (bird) that feeds mainly on the ground, typically having a brown back and black eyestripe.
More example sentences
- Genus Tchagra, family Laniidae: several species
- Bird sightings were starlings, oxpeckers, hoopoes, blue wax bills, and the black crown tchagras.
- Tchagra australis, Brown-crowned tchagra, is seen in low shrubbery in a thick forest patch at the bottom of a rocky hill.
- It can be a challenge to distinguish between the various tchagras unless good views are obtained.
modern Latin, perhaps imitative.