- 1A small restaurant or cafe where tea and other light refreshments are served.More example sentences
- For the café tea room is quitting its home of 33 years in Northallerton and moving two doors down the town's High Street.
- Sadly, the tea room was not serving any teas - apparently because of low water pressure problems.
- Pints have been pulled at the pub since 1991 when it was converted from a tea room and restaurant.
- 2South African • dated A shop selling sweets, cigarettes, newspapers, and perishable goods.More example sentences
- The fact that the tea room doesn't take credit cards and they never have change all adds to the experience.
- Here's a conversation I had with one of the girls in the tea room this morning.
- Bhirha Crafts must boast one of the largest selections of South African curios in the country and the baked goods from the tea room are also worth leaving home for.
- 3North American • informal A public toilet used as a meeting place by homosexuals.More example sentences
- They also claimed that cybersex had become the new tea room for meeting anonymous partners and engaging in a fantasy world.
More definitions of tea roomDefinition of tea room in:
- The US English dictionary