Definition of tea room in English:
1A small restaurant or cafe where tea and other light refreshments are served.
- For the café tea room is quitting its home of 33 years in Northallerton and moving two doors down the town's High Street.
- Sadly, the tea room was not serving any teas - apparently because of low water pressure problems.
- Pints have been pulled at the pub since 1991 when it was converted from a tea room and restaurant.
2South African dated A shop selling sweets, cigarettes, newspapers, and perishable goods.
- The fact that the tea room doesn't take credit cards and they never have change all adds to the experience.
- Here's a conversation I had with one of the girls in the tea room this morning.
- Bhirha Crafts must boast one of the largest selections of South African curios in the country and the baked goods from the tea room are also worth leaving home for.
Definition of tea room in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.